If you are a fashion aspirant , so my dear you should know about these magnificent Top 10 Fashion Designers in India. You have come to the right place, here you will get complete information about Top 10 Fashion Designers in India. If you want to know about the warrior heroes of our fashion bollywood industry than dear you’ve come to the right place. Here i Guarantee you that there will be no doubt in your mind after reading this Blog.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Fashion Designers in India
Here are some flamboyant names which we must know about them:-
- MASABA GUPTA
- BIBHU MOHAPATRA
- MANISH MALHOTRA
- RITU KUMAR
- PAYAL SINGHAL
- MANISH ARORA
- PRIYANKA ELLA LORENA LAMA
- TARUN TAHILIANI
- KANIKA GOYAL
- SABYASACHI MUKHERJEE
- A 2009 graduated creative soul of Mumbai’s SNDT womens University where she studied apparel manufacture and design.
- She launched her self title label MASABA.
- Debuting in LAKME FASHION WEEK’S gen next show for upcoming designers.
- Her signature style is a combination of traditional indian aesthetics and modern flair typified Lightweight fabrics brightened by vibrant quirky prints was in instead hit.
- Her design have been worn by bollywood star such as Bipasa Basu and Shilpa Shetty.
- Since her debut , Gupta has won a award in 2012 of L’Oreal Paris Femina Award and PETA INDIA’s MOST TALENTED DESIGNER of 2013.
- Born and raised in Rourkela later moved to USA to study Economics… though his love for fashion Led it him to New York city where he studied at prestigious Fashion Institute of Technology.
- He has won the 1997 critics AWARD for Best Evening wear Designer of the year after working with high profile brands, including HALSTON and J.MENDEL.
- he set out of his own to launch his eponymous label in 2008 and had gained a name for himself with exquisite evening dresses that flow and flatter the female form.
- most recently designed have been seen on America’s First Lady MICHELLE OBAMA.
- London born and Mumbai raised Manish Malhotra got his first foray into world of fashion as a Model before becoming a Bollywood costume designer in 1990.
- He has since become one of the most recognisable name in Indian fashion over the course of his career Malhotra has styled over approx 1000 FILMS.
- and scripted with redefining and modernizing Bollywood costume design by his HIGH COUTURE labels launched in 1998 earned him a place in mainstream fashion known for its luxurious contemporary styles that fuses traditional Indian colours fabrics and embroidery .
- Malhotra is credited with helping bring Indian fashion cultures to International stage.
- Ritu Kumar launch in 1969 ritukumar label has grown from a TINY Studio on the outskirts of Kolkata to one of the India’s biggest brand with 27 stores across the country through her use of fine Indian fabric and countries most talented craftspeople.
- Kumar has sought to redefining age old Indian traditions in contemporary error creating a style that it was to written Indian aesthetics as well as modern sophistication.
- she own another 20 Labels called the Label by Ritu Kumar a true binary Indian fashion industry.
- Kumar has been recognised with prestigious awards including France Chevalier DES ARTS ET DES LETTRES AND India’s PADMA SHRI Award for her contributions to Fashion textile and craftsmanship.
- She has own her three brands : The ever classic”RITU KUMAR” , Edgy , global and fashion forward”LABEL BY RITU KUMAR ” , and Our bridal couture line ” RI “.
- Payal Singhal as a daughter of a award winning DINESH SINGHAL and granddaughter of Indian artist JP singhal.
- It is perhaps not surprising that Payal Singhal would have become a creative soul and first foray into fashion.
- She was awarded the Shopper Stop designer of the Year award at the tender age of her 15 established a prodigy talent today’s singhal’s self tribe label, which she had launched in 1999 and produce custom made-to-orderdesign alongside ready to wear bridal contemporary and occasion design is synonymous with confidence cultured South Asian style.
- And the flagship store in Mumbai and retail outlets in Hong Kong medalist India and USA.
- Manish Arora since launched of a great label in 1997.
- New Delhi based designer Manish Arora has become the darling of International Fashion Industry his label officially debuted at the 2005 London Fashion Week to rave reviews and two years later a show at Paris Fashion Week.
- So Arora invite to the distinguished fashion Federation of PRET-A-PORTER known for his detailed craftsmanship and unique colour palette.
- Arora designs fuse Indian Heritage to the playful contemporary white and have featured in high profile fashion magazines such as VOGUE AND HARPER’S Bazaar and his eye catching colourful creations have been spotted by stars including Lady Gaga and Katy Perry . He is an illuminance of National Institute of Fashion Technology.
PRIYANKA ELLA LORENA LAMA
- LAMA born in 1991 Bangalore based LAMA is one of the Indian most talented upcoming young fashion designer.
- Launched her debut PRET-A-PORTER collection under her label P.E.L.L.A.
- Lakme Fashion Week gen next summer Resort 2015 should a graduate of apparel and fashion design at Bangalore National Institute of FashionTechnology.
- La Mas design a deep rooted in Japanese WABI SABI.
- There is beauty and imperfections that is clearly evident in her debut collection UTOPIA , which focuses on natural fabrics like Silk natural silhouttes and handcrafted aesthetics.
- Establishment of ensemble India’s first multi designer boutique in 1987 to the founding of his own studio in 1990 and becoming the first Indian fashion designer to show his work at MILAN FASHION WEEK.
- Tarun tahiliani has made many contributions to Indian fashion industry over his career.
- His signature style borrowed elements of Italian pattern , cutting Indian craftsmanship mixed with modern technologies, like digital textile printing culminating in look that is faithful to Opulent Indian aesthetics yet contemporary chic and international .
- Some of the tehiliyani’s most famous hires into British JEMIMA GOLDSMITH’s bridal gown for her wedding to Pakistani cricketer Imran Khan in 1995.
- A graduated girl of both New Delhi’s National Institute of Fashion Technology and New York’s Parsons School of Design.
- Kanika Goyal cut her teeth in the fashion world working for high-end brands including MARCHESSA , BIBHU MOHAPATRA and PRADA before establishing her own label in 2014.
- Described as provocative minimalism, GOYAL’S menswear and womenswear are guided by a mix of classic luxury and Urban sheet fused with paradoxical textile and shapes.
- Hotly tipped as one of the India’s best upcoming designers Goyal made her Lakme Fashion Week debut as a next-gen designer in summer 2015 Resort collection named as creators of the night .
- Kolkata based designer Sabyasachi found his label following his graduation from New Delhi’s National Institute of Fashion Technology in 1999 and in just a few short years.
- He was making waves in fashion world winning 2001 Feminist British council Award for outstanding young designers of India and being named Grand winner at Mercedes-Benz Asia fashion week in 2003 described by Mukherjee as International stage styling with Indian Soul.
- His designs are characterized by fusion of styles patchwork embellishments vibrant colours and have been seen on Bollywood stars in films like Ravan, Guzarish and many other .
- He is well known for his stunning lehengas , most of the celebrities love to wear his wonderfull collection such as KATRINA KAIF, ANUSHKA SHARMA, DEEPIKA PADUKONE, ANKITA LOKHANDE JAIN and so on.